An engaging, informative, practice sharing seminar, on the topic of meaningful music-making with deaf children and young people.
Suitable for all Key Stages.
- Understand the challenges faced by deaf young people when trying to access or engage with music
- Understand the benefits music can bring to a deaf young person
- Have a better understanding of what it is like for a deaf young person to experience music
- Have a basic understanding of how to approach teaching a deaf young person, as a hearing musician
- Understand successes and challenges faced by organisations wishing to carry out similar projects
- Take part in and experience a musical activity suitable for a deaf young person
Lottie Brook, Learning and Participation Manager, National Centre for Early Music
Dr Jennifer Cohen, Project Manager, The National Centre for Early Music