This workshop uses drama strategies to enter and explore a picture book, exploring and developing interplay between images and text.
Suitable for Key Stages 1&2.
- To explore how drama strategies can be used to stimulate and deepen thinking and inter-thinking, i.e. ‘Drama for Thinking’
- To discover how drama can help us understand more deeply the interplay between text and image
- To explore how drama can stimulate and develop oracy within imagined situations, i.e. ‘Drama for Oracy’
- To consider ways in which drama stimulates and offers meaningful contexts and content for children as writers, i.e. ‘Drama for Writing’
- To equip teachers with some new drama strategies
Patrice Baldwin, Drama for Learning Consultant, Inspiring Professional Development and School Improvement