Music & Drama Education Expo social media giveaway competition has opened!
Entry for the giveaway competition is now open with the winner being in with a chance to win a license and ShowKit for Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical JR., kindly donated by Music Theatre International.
Music & Drama Education Expo are delighted to be partnering with MTI for the social media competition, to give teachers the chance to bring this renowned production to their school, and to help get pupils excited about music and drama education.
“We are thrilled to be able to support the Music & Drama Education Expo by offering a free licence and ShowKit for our hottest new show, Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical JR.” said Ryan Macaulay, MTI Europe’s Director of Operations, Education and Development. “Dennis Kelly and Tim Minchin’s award-winning musical adaptation makes for the perfect school musical; it’s universal appeal will delight teachers, pupils and audiences alike.”
“The Expo is always a real highlight in the MTI calendar – it’s a joy to meet and interact with teachers who are going above and beyond to mount productions of musical theatre in their schools. At a time when funding for the arts is being cut, it is important that we recognise the excellent work teachers in the performing arts are doing up and down the country. We are looking forward to the Expo in September with optimism and excitement and look forward to seeing you there!”.
To find out more about Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical JR., visit MTI’s website at: https://www.mtishows.co.uk/
Or visit MTI on social media:
This competition will be running from Monday 7th June 2021 to Friday 18th June 2021 and details on how to enter can be found on Music & Drama Education Expo’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages.
Competition entry will be subject to terms and conditions:
- The competition opens at 12:00 BST on Monday 7th June 2021 and ends at 23:59 BST on Friday 18th June 2021, with the winner being drawn by 17:00 BST on Monday 21st June
- The competition is open to UK residents aged over 18 only
- The winner must be a school teacher at a school within the UK
- The winner will be chosen at random using the following criteria above
· 1x license for Matilda the Musical JR. show for your school, donated by Music Theatre International
- The school will need to agree to the terms and conditions of a standard Broadway Junior license :
· All performers must be 18 years of age or under. No performers can be over 18 years of age.
· The Licensor undertakes to provide the Licensee a set of performance material of the said work (‘the ShowKit’) which shall remain the Licensee’s property after the production has taken place. The Licensor undertakes to deliver same to the Licensee in accordance with the latter’s instructions upon application, and at the Licensee’s expense.
· The Licensee understands and agrees that the ShowKit is the only acting edition authorised by the author(s) and the Licensee must not make cuts, alterations or interpolations therein without the Licensor’s prior written consent.
· The ShowKit may only be used by the Licensee for the purpose of implementing the Licence herewith granted and the Licensee undertakes not to copy any items in whole or part(s) thereof without the Licensor’s prior written consent. The Licensee agrees not to rent, sell or transfer the ShowKit to a third party.
· Additional copies of student books and piano vocal scores contained within the Showkit can be purchased here: www.mtishows.co.uk/books
· The Licensee agrees to use the official Logo (‘the Logo’) as supplied by the Licensor on all advertising relating to the production herein licensed. The Logo shall not be used for any other purpose other than to promote the production herein licensed. The Licensee shall use the Logo as supplied and shall not alter the Logo in any manner.
· The Licensee shall include the credits detailed on the provided Credits Sheet on all advertisements, programmes, handbills, websites and posters relating to the advertising of the said work, including the credit to Music Theatre International (Europe).
· The Licensee agrees that all sales are final and the Licensor will not issue any refunds relating to cancellation or postponement of this Agreement.
· The Licensee shall make available to the Licensor on request free of charge two best-price tickets in central position for each performance of the said work and the Licensor agree not to sell the same. The Licensor undertakes to request said tickets not less than 48 (FORTY-EIGHT) hours before the first performance given hereunder.
- The school must perform the show at school (no external venues permitted) before 31st December 2022
- Each applicant is able to have one entry per social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the competition and making a purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
- Any entries from users using multiple accounts will be ineligible
- Duplicate posts will not be accepted
- The competition is being run by MA Exhibitions for Music & Drama Education Expo
- MA Exhibitions reserves the right to make the competition void where prohibited
- By entering the contest, applicants are agreeing that MA Exhibitions can re-use any user-generated content that is needed for the contest, and allows release for any publicity rights
- The competition is not endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook / Twitter / Instagram, nor is Facebook / Twitter / Instagram associated with the contest
Additionally, Facebook / Twitter / Instagram are released from any responsibility to entrants or participants